- Wash all parts with warm soapy water after every pumping session. This is the most time consuming, but the cheapest way to do it.
- Use the same parts twice without washing them if it’s within six hours. (good if you are power pumping every hour in a three- to four-hour span).
- Some opt to put all of their parts into the fridge, then reuse a few hours later. This is acceptable, but be aware that cold flanges may inhibit let down. Try warming up your flanges before you put them on your breasts. Also, I don’t recommend doing this until your baby is 12 weeks or older.
- Medela Quick Clean wipes, Spray or soap
- Medela Quick Clean sterilizing bags
- If you have access to a microwave, you can simply rinse out your pump pieces and use the bags to sterilize them in the microwave in three minutes. Of course, you don’t need to sterilize your pieces after every use, but this is probably the quickest way to get the deepest clean.
Multiple pump parts:
You can purchase multiple pump parts and place them into a bag labeled “clean.” Then, as you use the parts, place them into a bag labeled “dirty.” This is the most expensive option since you need to purchase multiple pump pieces, but overall the fastest method. Each night, all the pieces will need to be cleaned, but that can be a job for your partner!