with Katie Madden RN, IBCLC
(In-person consultations begin January 2020)
*No, I will not provide virtual consults for an actual evaluation of breastfeeding. I don’t believe this can be done well virtually. If you are local to Delaware you need an in-person consultation before January 2020, please call 302-658-2229 Option 4.
A vast majority of women are not “normal” and will have one or more breastfeeding risk factors:
How many do you have?
- First baby
- Older than 35
- Use of infertility treatments
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Type 1, Type 2, or Gestational Diabetes
- BMI > 29 pre-pregnancy
- Flat or inverted nipples
- Past history of breastfeeding difficulty
- Carrying multiple babies
- Planned C-section
- History of breast surgery
- Lack of noticeable change in breasts during pregnancy
Feelings, strategy, whatever you need around the phase of weaning.