For a little boost, try to eat one or more of these foods a day!
- Fennel, Carrots, Beets, Yams
- Grains: oats, millet, barley, brown rice
- Legumes: chickpeas (and hummus!), lentils
- Nuts: almonds, Macadamia nuts, cashews (go raw if you can!)
- Fats: coconut oil, flaxseed oil, sesame oil, butter
- Spices: ginger, tumeric, garlic
- Brewer’s yeast
- Dark leafy greens, green drinks with spirulina, alfalfa leaf, barley grass, kale
Plan your weekly meals ahead of time.
- On Saturday and Sunday, make a list of easy dinners and lunches that you and your family will eat during the week.
- Grocery shop on the weekend for the whole week’s meals and snacks.
- Prep as much of the weekly meals ahead of time as you can.
- Make Zip Lock baggies with snacks (grapes, nuts, cheese, whole grain crackers).
- Plan to make extra servings of dinner as lunches. When cleaning up after dinner, divide left-overs into Tupperware containers.
- Know what you are going to have for breakfast each day of the week and make sure you give yourself enough time in the morning to eat it. (Breakfast is really important!)
- Fill your water bottle and put it in the fridge.
- Enlist help from your support partner