Recipe Courtesy of Michelle & Kevin
6 cups dry ingredients (rolled oats, left over dry cereal, puffed barley or kasha)
3 cups “add ins” ( any combination of the following: brewers yeast (no more than 1/2 -2/3 cup) carob chips, ground flax seed, chia seeds, raisins or any dried fruit, banana chips, walnuts, sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, protein powder (4 scoops or so of vanilla or unflavored)
2.5 – 3 cups binding mixture (you’ll need more to form bars less if you want granola pieces: peanut butter or almond or cashew butter this should make up at least half of the binding mixture, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup.
1. Mix the dry ingredients and the add ins in a large bowl
2. Mix the binding ingredients together in microwave safe bowl and microwave x 30 sec or 1 minute to soften the nut butters and make it easier to mix.
3. Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Pour binding mixture over dry ingredients and combine well (your hands works best but it’s a little messy)
5. Then transfer the mixture onto the baking sheets and press the granola “dough” down so it completely covers the tray.
6. Let it set in refrigerator for a few hours. Then cut into bars or break into granola pieces.
Make big batches and keep them in the freezer and snack baggies for easy eating